Flight Blender is a backend / data-processing engine that to stand up standards compliant UTM services and be latest regulations on UTM / U-Space in the EU and other jurisdictions. Specifically, it gives you:
- an open source Remote ID “service provider” compatible with ASTM Remote ID standard
- an open source implementation of the ASTM USS <-> USS standard and compatible with the EU U-Space regulation for flight authorisation
- ability to consume geo-fences per the ED-269 standard
- a flight traffic feed aggregator that has different modules that can process and relay data around flights and airspace: geo-fence, flight declarations, air-traffic data.
There are different modules that enable this:
- DSS Connectivity: There are modules to connect and read for e.g. Remote ID data from a DSS, Strategic deconfliction / flight authorization
- Flight Tracking: It takes in flight tracking feeds from various sources e.g. ADS-B, live telemetry, Broadcast Remote ID and others and outputs as a single fused JSON feed and submits it to a Display Application e.g. Flight Spotlight to be shown in real-time on a display
- Geofence: A Geofence can be submitted into Flight Blender and consequently transmitted to Spotlight
- Flight Declaration: Future flights up-to 24 hours can be submitted, this support both the ASTM USS <-> USS API and can also be used as a standalone component, for supported DSS APIs see below
▶️ Get started in 20 mins
Follow our 5-step process to deploy Flight Blender and Flight Spotlight and get started with the basic concepts of the software.
Read the ⏲️ 20-minute quickstart now!
Join our Discord community via this link 💫
To visualize flight tracking data you can use a complementary appplication like Flight Spotlight. To submit data like Geofences etc. into Flight Blender beyond the API you can use the user interface provided by Spotlight, for more information see the diagram below.
Submitting AOI, Flight Declarations and Geofence data
Take a look at sample data below to see the kind of data that can be submitted in Flight Blender
Blender Vectors by Vecteezy